HTTPS Service Introduction
With the HTTPS Connector you can send and receive SMS text messages through a single HTTPS command within your application or website.
You have access to all of the methods that are available within the Web Service to send and receive both free-to-receive and premium text messages.
The (S) function enables you to fully secure your message sending by taking advantage of our SSL encryption service. Our SMS Gateway uses Verisign to secure your HTTP connection with us.
You can use both POST and GET commands with the HTTPS Connector. The POST command is recommended as GET can display certain account and password details on the actual URL line.
- Use either HTTP or HTTPS, for non-secure or secure message sending
- Send extended length text messages, appearing as a single SMS on the handset
- Send messages in both GSM 03.38 and Unicode character sets
- Send your choice of 11 characters, a phone number, or a short code with your SMS
- Receive replies to your sent messages via HTTP, HTTPS or SMTP
- Receive or check the delivery status of a particular outbound message
- Receive inbound messages from your (optional) long or short code number
- Lockdown IP addresses that your application communicates with us using